Wednesday 18 July 2012

Mountain Walk - Blaeberry Muffins

Hello, in between the showers yesterday I managed to get out and take my dog for a walk on the mountain beside the house. I had intended to pick the last of the Elderflower and I ended up with a little more than I expected.

Blaeberries (sometimes known as Bilberries or fraochán in Irish) are in season and despite the summer weather the crop appears to be plentiful. Luckily I had brought a spare bag and managed to pick quite a few.
I decided I wanted to try and bake something - possibly because of my failed focaccia bread I decided to keep it simple. Blaeberry Muffins.



4oz Flour
4oz Butter
2½ oz of Sugar
2 eggs
1 splash vanilla extract
4oz Blaeberries

1. Add the butter and sugar together then slowly add the eggs, mix until blended.

2.  Add the flour, baking powder & berries stir to combine

3. Place a spoonful of muffin mixture into each muffin case, filling each to just over half way - for best results leave in the fridge for about 1 hr before baking

4. Bake in an oven set at 200C for approximately 20 minutes


No comments: