Tuesday 10 July 2012

Rain Rain Go Away!! Marbling Nails

SO, this summer isn't going the way I expected weatherwise! Here are some ideas to keep children entertained on these long wet summer days.

Personally I am a fan of the raincoat and out we go policy, but even for me the rain has been a bit heavy. So I been trying to think of some ideas (other than daytime tv - which is awful) to keep little folk (and some not so little folk entertained.

If you have a female centred bunch I have found nail art to be a great way to keep a group of young women entertained and sparks their creative side. I tried nail marbling with the girls at my local youth club and it worked a treat.
You can use nail varnish you already have, ask the participants to bring some of their own, or pick up a few colours in pounds shops.

Check out some videos on youtube or eHow

I used white from a french manicure kit for the base and just had a bit of fun

Some of the designs the girls came up with were amazing!


No comments: