Thursday 12 July 2012

Frugal Exercise: Part 1 - Get out and run

I'm afraid even frugal exercise involves hard work. My own exercise regime is relatively frugal. You can pick up good running shoes for £15 - after that you don't really need that much else.

I am very lucky to have such an enthusiastic partner to keep me focused on my goal (being able to run for 20 minutes without killing myself)
I try and get out every day, this is made easier by having my little pupage to spur me on. Find a local walkway or even if you aren't lucky enough to live near any green areas plan a route that you know is safe and get going (there are also great internet sites that tell you how much you've run - even googlemaps does a good job)
If you are trying to lose weight I would advise you to get up and go for a quick walk/jog before breakfast - this helps you regulate your blood sugar during the day. Here is a link to the NYT article that goes into more detail

No comments: