Friday 30 November 2012

Zombie Apocalypse


A few of my friends and I have a love of Zombies. Zombies in books, films and TV shows (yes I have even read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.) What, you might ask has that got to do with frugality. Well, we sometimes chat about what you would we do should there be a Zombie apocalypse. And one thing that always crops up is a well stocked pantry with dry goods and tinned items. Much like any frugal pantry really.
So, my brother and I set a challenge: Cook and eat like there has been an apocalypse of some kind for one week. Tinned and longlife items only. I know most frugal chefs would recognise this for what it is - a pantry challenge, but I had to spice it up for my brother, who does nothing frugally when it come to food.

I will try and keep you posted with a few recipes - all the food has to be cooked on a stove top (as per apocalyptic conditions)

This might sound crazy as an idea, but really it is just the simple pantry challenge with tweek to bring in non-frugal foodies. 


1 comment:

Pamela said...

This. Is. AWESOME.