Thursday 15 November 2012

Eeeep School Inspection

So our school are having a general inspection! We have just over two weeks! Panic stations you say! I would agree!
This picture is from the guardian's website - I needed something to symbolize inspection











This is my first job after qualifying
 Negative - I am new and inexperienced
 Positive - It hasn't been two long since I was last inspected in the classroom, I am relatively up to date on my Buzz words and jargon
Negative - I trained in a different education system
Positive - I am on part-time hours - less time to visit my classrooms
Positive - My planning is up to date


The school in general is abuzz, it has been a very long time since they have had a whole school inspection. The mathematics department was comprehensively inspected last year - however this means that they may wish to gauge whether the findings of that inspection are being implemented.

So, I will be knuckling down and making sure I am up to speed. I am on a year's contract in the school, but I always need to make a good impression and the feedback will be very useful and the experience might help me careerwise down the road.


Sneak treat of the week:
Aldi's diet cola
 I am a little bit of a cola fiend. I don't drink tea or coffee - I know how bad these things our but I love me some cola. Now I have been nursing an addiction to a more expensive branded cola (I won't name names, but it does rhyme with Mepsi) but I recently tried Aldi's diet cola and it really wasn't too bad. Now I am not saying that it tastes like any big brand cola, but it doesn't have that weird aftertaste some generic cola's have. It is my secret shame. But the caffeine keeps me going when I need it most!! 

No comments: