Sunday 25 November 2012

Normal Service will resume shortly

I have been having some technical difficulties this week with my laptop - the socket on the laptop for power stopped working. My battery was fine, but the laptop couldn't take on any power.
After googling and asking around I was told it was either a damaged connection and easy to fix or the motherboard was damaged and I would be better replacing it.
Needless to say I was quite worried, tried bringing it to Curry's (where I had originally bought it) and was told as it was out of warranty they wouldn't even look at it. Luckily I was directed by some friends to the local computer hospital and was very pleasantly surprised to find that it was a simple thing to fix. My computer was back up and running in 5 minutes flat.
With a school inspection coming up the last thing I needed was to be without a laptop - but the second last thing I needed was to have to buy a new one. I need to add about £400 to my savings because I need to be prepared should this be the beginning of the end 

No comments: