Thursday 10 January 2013

Zombie Apocalypse Part 2

My brother really took to the Zombie Apocalypse idea. His exams were coming up and I wanted to do a little something to help keep stress to a minimum. So I created an exam or zombie apocalypse survival kit (depending on which occurred first)
I made this kit knowing what he likes and with an eye to helping out a student who would be spending a lot of time cramming! I put in a lot of tinned things (easy prep, high nutritional value, ease of storage - great for a healthy study break or surviving an apocalypse) The box mostly contained non-perishables, some nuts, some lucozade, some chewing gum and some berocca.
I added a note to each item explaining why they were useful for a studying student and for a survivor. Examples: Peanuts Exams- Great source of protein; slow release of energy and a little salty kick to get you through your exam
Zombies: Great source of protein and long lasting, portable - great for someone on the run from zombies.
Chewing Gum: Exams: Proven to help with cognitive ability to help get those juices flowing in the exam
Zombies: When you can't find the time to brush your teeth chewing gum can help protect you in that post apocalyptic world when dentists aren't easy to come-by. Also should the worst happen you would still want to be the best zombie you can be, you will need to look after those teeth!
My brother loved it and it was a easy way for me to help someone out who would not otherwise have excepted groceries from me. It is also just a fun way to pack up food for a student or a young person starting out. You can add things up weekly (non-perishables) with your own groceries and make up the kit quite easily. You can add other things, such as batteries and toiletries. I just hand-wrote the notes on scraps of paper. I added a letter and a picture.


No comments: