Sunday 12 August 2012

It has been a while

Things have been very hectic lately, and I have been very remiss with my blogging. So what have I been up to?
I travelled to an interview (there were soooo many candidates that they have to do a second round - but I did get a call back) It was a little stressful, but some of the other candidates I spoke to had travelled further and I had a fun time hanging out in Cork city with my brother. He is a bit of a foodie and knew all the best places to hang out (Liberty Grill is well worth a look)

 I started a fortnight of training in a call centre - invaluable experience - I have met so many people from all ages and walks of life. It is a little heart breaking that so many people (new graduates with mountains of student loans, builders with 35years on the job, people who's chosen career paths just are not hiring) £6.08

It was my birthday and my beloved pup tried his best to help out with the cake
Let them eat cake!
I finally got behind the Olympics, and have become a fan of boxing of all sports! Katie Taylor is my new hero!

My own path to fitness has hit a few bumps, but my training partner (see above picture of cake and the tongue trying to dislodge it) has kept me to a minimum amount of exercise.

Today we went on a histerical tour






There were live animals, stuffed animals and eejits aplenty

4 comments:

The mum of all trades said...

Katie Taylor is just amazing isn't she?

Meab-dot said...

She is an absolute inspiration, such a lovely young woman. A fabulous role model for young girls!

50 and counting said...

Good luck on the second interview!

Meab-dot said...

Thanks! I didn't get the original job, but as of yesterday I have a year contract in another school (starting Monday)
I have to move to the other side of the country but my Brother lives in the city, so I will have a bed/sofa until I can sort something out