Tuesday 13 November 2012

Spend Free Days

Things have been a little hectic for me over the past few months. I got a new job and had to move 250 miles. I love were I am now, but setting up a new home away from everyone has been difficult (full disclosure I am lucky enough to actually live near my little Brother.) Financially it has been very hard, and as a newly qualified teacher I have been been flat out with school work - busy means less time to spend keeping on top of other areas of my life.




So I am hoping to sort out my finances again and am aiming for 20 no spend days before the new year. I know people can be quite sceptical about no spend days - and say that you then spend more altogether to try and compensate. But in my own opinion it is just another little way that we can make ourselves more aware of our own spending patterns and therefore more responsible.
I know that 20 days might seem low to some and high to others - but it is my own personal goal. I will struggle with it (particular in prime Christmas preparation season - although again for the record I spend all of November in a giant horror/scary movie marathon)

I am going to have to be very vigilant and hopefully keeping myself accountable here will help. 

No comments: