Monday 16 July 2012

Mini-break

We had some sunshine for a few days and I went to stay with a friend on the west coast. I had a great time, we had a murder mystery party, visited some megalithic monuments and managed a day at the beach complete with swimming and surfing!
Me with factor 50 on - managed not to burn
 The holiday was great, exactly what I needed and we all managed it quite frugally. We stayed in my friend's Mum's place (her family are in Spain on holidays) we were able to drive there and bring food along.
We eat out once, cooked and brought picnics the rest of the time. All in all a very frugal and refreshing break! Now back to filling out job applications and (hopefully) attending interviews.
The view from the front porch!  

***Also, one very handy tip for a trip to the beach is to put your electronics (touch screen phone or kindle) in a ziplock plastic bag to help protect against sand!

Carrowmore Co. Sligo
We visited Carrowmore, an incredible complex of megalithic tombs in sligo. Because my student card was still valid it cost €1 for a guided tour (full price €3) and I have to say it was well worth the price! I have paid much more for far shorter less enjoyable tours. We brought a picnic and had a wonderful time

No comments: