Thursday 26 July 2012

Good news on the Job front

I just got word that I have a job!It is a telecommunications company that runs campaigns for other companys. I will be on inbound calls for e-on. The initial training fortnight will be 9-5 with more flexible hours (and probably longer hours) coming after. They are happy to allow me to move to part-time hours should I get any part-time teaching work come September.

I will be starting in a call centre in a week and a half! This suits me perfectly. Next week I have a wedding to attend and some visitors are arriving to stay with my parents for 2 weeks, I have been volunteered to get their place ready as they are both working full time.

I have a friend returning to Canada soon, so I can spend some time with her next week before she leaves. (I may even squeeze in some touristy things.) Today I made some more blaeberry muffins but also some chocolate muffins. Tonight I plan to make fajitas - I will hopefully remember to take some pictures!
There were half a dozen of each - not sure where they disappeared to!
 For the chocolate recipe I simply modified the blaeberry muffin recipe. Instead of 4oz of flour I added 3oz flour 1 oz cocoa powder. Instead of berries I added chocolate chips (white and dark)
I thought the buns were delicious, not too sweet. The berries cut the sweetness and the dark chocolate and cocoa powder did the same.

No comments: