Monday 16 July 2012

Ice lollies!

Although the sunny weather appears to have ended I thinking there is always time for ice cream.
I decided to try and make my own ice lollies - I wanted some summery flavours and decided on strawberry (my neighbour gave me some strawberries, for some reason our new pup has taken to picking unripened strawberries off the plants and leaving them round the garden) and coconut.
 Because I was using one small lolly maker I only used half a tin of coconut milk, a handful of strawberries, a hint of vanilla and as a last minute inspiration I threw in some dessicated coconut ( I like the texture of something rough in my ice creams)

I wizzed everything together and filled my lolly tray - and put them in the freezer for 6hrs. They went down a treat, the dessicated coconut was lovely and the lollies were not that sweet - but didn't last long :) 
nom nom nom


No comments: