Wednesday 11 July 2012

Frugal Stationary

As a student teacher and as a newly qualified teacher I find the phrase "I don't have a pen" to extremely irritating. And on the advice of one a more seasoned veteran I instigated this approach.

If you have forgotten your pen I will give you one, for a small charge.

This might sound awful to some people, but it is the only way to works. I usually charge about 10p and the money goes to charity.

I don't buy pens to supply the children, I acquire them. All of my friends and family know I am a pen fiend and they gather them for me too. Any time you see pens being given away snag some
There is nothing more disruptive or disheartening than a child not taking part in class. I always carry a handful of pens and pencils in my bag. I know that students should learn to bring their own supplies to class, but as I am a newly qualified teacher trying to make a good impression and maintain order in the classroom I wouldn't do it any other way.


No comments: