Wednesday 6 June 2012

Qualified and Broke

I have finished my PGCE year and am now a qualified teacher - it has lived up to all the gruesome predictions! Sorry, I don't want to put anyone off. The year is doable, the tasks are not that difficult but the whole thing is very time consuming.

Anyway, I am now finished and as mentioned above - broke. I have some part-time work lined up for the summer, so I should have enough to get by. I want to go on holiday, I feel like I deserve a holiday! But, just to reiterate, I am broke!

So, I have signed up as a teacher at a summer camp. Three weeks, on the coast, board and lodgings covered and I get paid at the end of it! Too good an opportunity to miss out on. Granted the pay is not great, but I will be having fun in a beautiful part of the countryside and it will be great experience for my CV = win win.

No comments: