Wednesday 6 June 2012

No kindle - return of the paper book

I was bereft this week. I had been visiting my parents and getting some selfish me time. I squirrelled myself away in their beautiful garden for a relaxing read. In the processes of packing myself up to return to the big smoke I left my Kindle at their house.
Don't get me wrong, I used to be a hater of ereaders. Their cold clinical interface was no match in my heart for a beautiful well used book - until my family bought me one for Christmas. All my prejudice went out the window, I was in love! That slim & sleek device is a staple of my handbag - a library at my fingertips. As a treat for the heavy year I've had I had been carefully devising my summer reading list. All the books I have had to forgo during this year because of my squeezed timetable have been patiently sitting in a folder on my laptop. SO naturally on my first week off I leave my kindle behind. A super long bank holiday weekend no less. My local library doesn't open on a Saturday - I was devastated!



Until I saw a notice for a booksale for a local charity. There was a stall and an honesty box in the local shopping centre and volunteers restocked over the weekend. I managed to get quite a haul. It has been difficult trying to readjust to this primitive form of information upload - nice not to have to worry about the battery life though

No comments: