Sunday 20 May 2012

Affordable Art


It will be a few years before I will be able to afford to buy a piece of artwork, instead when I am on my travels I buy postcards of my favourite pieces. I move around a lot and my accommodation of late has not been very spacious, nicely framed reproductions would be a little to much for me. 
All I need are some tiny pegs (these can be found in craft stores, but I bought mine on ebay) and some string. The postcards can be strung up on a wall or across the room like bunting.
I like the idea of bunting for postcards which have been sent to you, this allows both sides of the postcard to be visible. For postcards I have picked up myself I don't mind hanging them on the wall.

On the topic of card display (and totally out of season) I found this excellent post  from the Frugal Graduate for a Christmas card holder - I will be trying this later in the year

No comments: